Wednesday 2 January 2013

Jan Week 1 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year, here's to a fun and craft-filled 2013!

My Being Scrappy Kit this week contained the lovely 'Rondelle' papers by Prima and as the colours were quite muted they were just right to scrap a photo of Lee when we on holiday in Oz. He is looking pretty happy and that is because he is just about to tuck into one of Australia's great gourmet delights... a Chiko Roll! It is a large veggie filled, pastry covered, deep fried roll that has been around as long as I can remember. You could get them from any local milk bar (like a takeaway shop). My family emigrated to Oz when I was 10 and they are all still over there.


I used the pale gray Bazzill as the base for my layout. Then I cut the following sizes strips from the patterned papers - 2.5" x 11", 1.75" x 10.5" and 1.5" x 9.75". Ink all of the edges. Cut a 1" x 11" strip of the black script 'Polonaise' paper and punch a decorative border in the long edge. Layer up all of the strips and the border punched strip as shown in the photo. Then cut a few very thin strips of the black script 'Polonaise' paper and attach them over the wider strips.

Mount a 7" x 5" photo onto the black script 'Polonaise' paper  and stick down to the layout.

Punch some circles from the 'Quadrille' paper and attach them in a circular shape onto the layout (I used a plate to mark out a circle).


Add some embellishments to the top right and bottom left corners of the photo. First I stamped a circle pattern (at each corner but masked out the actual photo). Then I used some washi tape and buttons from my stash, along with some of the punched out circles.



I added some journalling onto strips of the patterned paper that were inked in black. Finish off with a title using the Prima alpha that came with the Kit.


You can get this Kit for a limited time from here, why not have a look at the great value monthly subscription offer that is available! Also pop on over to Nicki's blog to see what she did with the Kit.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment