Wednesday 16 January 2013

Jan Week 3 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

I'm back with another layout from this week's fab Being Scrappy Kit. I had the 'Note to Self' papers from Echo Park to play with and I decided that they would be perfect for our trip to Disneyland Paris last June. I had a cute photo of Oscar and Eliza taking a ride on Lee and Simon's shoulders that was just right...


I used the light grey Bazzil as the base for my layout. Cut a 7.5" x 10" piece of the lined ' Red Dots' paper and stick down to the left side of the base. Now this is the point that you should mist your layout as it will be much easier than trying to do it when everything but the embellishments are stuck down! Which is what I did as I am sure you can guess, that's what you get for having a bright idea half way through your layout... I had to do some tweaks to the embellishments that I had planned as I made a bit of a mess by doing it at that late point!

Then cut a 1.5" x 12" strip of the dotty 'Red Dot' paper and stick down. Next cut a 4.25" x 12" strip of the 'Arrows' paper and stick down just slightly overlapping the 'Red Dot's paper.

I cut some narrow strips (approx. 0.5" x 7.5" and 0.5 x 4.5") of the dotty 'Red Dots' paper and blue ledger 'Arrows' paper and border punched all of them and attached to the top and bottom edges of the lined 'Red Dots' paper. Then add embellishments using the fab sticker sheet that comes with the Kit, I raised some of them on foam pads to add dimension. I did use a bit of Washi Tape from my stash as well!




Add some journaling below the photo and finish off with a title, I used a Thickers Alpha from my stash.


Have a look here to see what Niki made with the Kit... to purchase the Kit you will find it here for a limited time.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment