Wednesday 19 February 2014

February Week 3 layout for Being Scrappy...

Morning Everyone!

For this weeks Being Scrappy layout I am using the fab 'Thataway' papers by Studio Calico. With that name they are obviously travel themed but could be used for anything... though I did end up using some pics from our last trip to Australia!


I started with the red Bazzill as the base for my layout.

Then cut a 7" x 12" piece of the orange arrows 'Points of Interest' paper. Then cut two 1" x 12" strips of the grey arrows 'Made It' paper and stick these both under the long edge of the 'Points of Interest' paper so a small border is peeping out. Then stick down to the right side of the layout.

Add three 6" x 4" photos, these were trimmed very slightly so that there was a border at the top and bottom of the paper when you stick them down.


Cut two 4.5" x 0.75" strips of the striped 'Made It' paper and stick down to the top left and bottom right. Add a punched zigzag strip of green Bazzill to each striped piece (I happened to have a couple of leftover strips in my stash that I used).


Then cut an 11" strip of the words from the 'Points of Interest' paper and stick down.


Add a title (I used a Thickers alpha from my own stash). I also included some journaling in the bottom left of the layout.


Finish off with a couple of the Flair buttons that come with the Kit. I also added a few asterisks from the Thickers alpha.


Niki has designed two fab layouts this week, pop on over to her blog here to see them.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x



No comments:

Post a Comment