Wednesday 14 November 2012

November Week 2 layout for Being Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

This week's Kit contained the brightly coloured papers from the 'Doodle-Deux' range by Prima. Now just recently I have been digging into some older photos and found some fun ones from a trip to Walt Disney World that I went on with my sister in 1997! I love the way that the background is blurred and gives a real sense of movement, not sure that we were loving it that much!

Here is the finished layout...


I used the 'Alpha-Bytes' paper as my background as I thought the circles and swirls went perfectly with us spinning on the Mad Hatter's Tea Party ride! Then I cut a 9.5" square of the red Bazzill, inked the edges and stuck down to the 'Alpha-Bytes' paper.

I cropped two photos to 5.5" x 3.5", and one to 3" x 3.25". Cut two pieces of the green Bazzill to 3.25" x 3.5" and mount the smaller photo onto one of them. Cut 2 x strips of the 'All-Overs' paper to 0.75" x 9" and ink the edges. Then stick all of these pieces down onto the red Bazzill square. Add a button that has been threaded with twine.


Cut a couple of thin strips of the red Bazzill, and along with a few pieces of one of the manufacturers strips (from the bottom of the papers) stick these to the top right and bottom left of the layout. Don't forget to ink the edges. Add a couple of the pretty buttons that come with the Kit, tieing some twine through first... can't have naked buttons!



Finish off with a title... I use some black Thickers from my stash and the black Kaisercraft Mini Alphas that come with the Kit. Don't forget to add some journalling to your blank square of green Bazzill!


This Kit is available for a limited time here, have a look here to see what else Niki did with the Kit.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei

No comments:

Post a Comment