Wednesday 25 July 2012

July Week 4 layout for Be Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

So this week I got to play with papers from the classic 'En Francais' range by Prima. The Be Scrappy Kit also included some blue ric rac, red ribbon, coordinating mulberry paper butterflies and mini pearls so plenty to play with!

Firstly I trimmed all of the manufacturers strips from the patterned papers, though I didn't end up using all of them! From the 'Bonjour' paper I cut a selection of elements to use on my layout - a border strip (that matched the manufacturers strip) and a variety of the decorative squares.

I used the cream Bazzill as the base for my layout and attached the two matching border strips to opposite sides. Then I mounted my photos onto the red Bazzill leaving just a thin border - my photos are approx. 5" x 4", 5.5" x 4" and 3.5" x 4". Note that I mounted two of the photos on one piece of Bazzill.


Cut two strips of the 'Bonjour' paper (fleur-de-lys side) 2" x 3" and attach towards the bottom of the cream Bazzill (approx. 2.5" up from the edge). Punch a decorative border from a strip of the red Bazzill and attach below the 'Bonjour' paper. Then stick down the mounted photos.

Now it's time to add the embellishments - mount the journallling box to some red Bazzill and attach below the right photo. Then layer some of the other decorative squares to the right of this (raise one on foam pads).


Add some butterflies and attach a mini pearl to each one. I added some more pearls at the top and bottom of the photos.


To finish off I added a title using some alphas from my stash.


You can purchase this Kit for a limited time from the Be Scrappy online store. Have a look at the Being Scrappy blog to see what Niki did wth this Kit.

Thanks for looking!
Kirei

No comments:

Post a Comment