Wednesday, 11 July 2012

July Week 2 layout for Be Scrappy...

Hi Everyone!

So onto another layout from the fab weekly Kits from Be Scrappy (Pages of Memories has had a name change and online shop makeover!). This week I had some lovely papers from the Kaisercraft 'Chanteuse' collection to work with and I decided that my pics from the last scrapbook retreat that I went on would be perfect to go with these.

I also had to make my Chinese Whispers layout so decided to combine the two, I had a double layout to follow so used the brown and green Bazzill as my bases for the layout. I wasn't too sure whether using different colours would work for a double layout but I think it worked out in the end!

I took the 'Staccato' paper (striped side) and cut the two bracket shapes out (I made a template for this first from white paper). They are approx. 3" x 12" and 5" x 12". Now I did want to use some of the large flowers from the other side of the paper so was quite careful on how I cut the bracket shapes out so that I had enough flowers left! Stick these down onto the brown and green Bazzill.

Then cut out the following size pieces from the 'Vivo' paper: 8.75" x 3.5", 8.75" x 4.0", 6.25" x 3.5" and 6.25" x 4". Stick these all down, making sure that they line up from one page to the next.

Mount your photos onto the deep pink side of the 'Tremolo' paper. I used the following size photos on the left side of the layout: 3" x 3.5", 3.5" x 3.5" and 5.75" x 3.5" (portrait). On the right side I used: 2 x landscape photos both 5.5" x 4".  Stick these down. I did use one of the manufacturers strips (with pink flowers) and cut tiny pieces that I stuck to the bottom and top edges of the 'Vivo' paper between each photo.

Add the embellishments: 3 x cut out flowers from the 'Staccato' paper. one of these is raised on foam pads. Attach some of the buttons that come with the Kit, firstly tieing some of the twine through them (can't have naked buttons!).

I added some titles directly onto the photos using the Kaisercraft Mini Alphabet, I then mounted some letters onto strips of the 'Tremolo' paper and attached them with foam pads onto the striped 'Staccato' paper on the left side.

Finally I finished off with some alphas from my stash for the main title.

Have a look at the Being Scrappy blog to see what Niki did with this week's Kit!

This kit is available for a short time from the Be Scrappy Online Store.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment