Wednesday 4 July 2012

July Week 1 layout for Pages of Memories

Hi Everyone!

This week's Kit from Pages of Memories had some very pretty papers from the Prima 'Songbird' collection. One of the sheets was a page of elements that you could cut out (tickets/circles/border strips/frames etc..) and some of these were all about friends so I knew straight away the photo I was going to scrap! It was one of me with my friend Sharon and her daughter Rachel whom we caught up with when back in Australia recently.


I used the grid side of 'Sunrise' as the base for my layout (gut a section approx. 6" x 6.5" from under where the 'Title-it' paper will go). I then cut a 7.5" x 7.5" piece of the 'Title-it' paper which I distressed on three edges, and tore off the bottom edge. This was used as a mount for my photo which was 7" x 5" but I cut it down to 6.25" x 4.5". Attach this to the right side of the layout.

Hint: as I wanted to use particular elements from the 'Title-it' paper I did have to play around with where I was going to cut the piece from, so you may want to have a look and decide the best place to cut it from before you start chopping it up!

I then cut some of the elements from the 'Title-it' paper that I wanted to use and layered these up on the top right and bottom left of the photo. Some of these were mounted on foam pads to give added dimension. At the same time I added some of the pretty ribbon that came in the Kit and a border punched piece of the peach Bazzill.




From the gutted piece of  'Sunrise' paper I punched two leafy vine strips using a Martha Stewart punch and stuck these down on the left side of the layout.


To finish off I added a title with the Prima alphas that came with the Kit.


Pop on over to the Being Scrappy blog to see what else Niki has come up with using this Kit!

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment