Wednesday 22 May 2013

May Week 4 layout for Being Scrappy...

Morning Everyone!

This week's Being Scrappy Kit had a fab selection of papers from Echo Park, My Mind's Eye and Studio Calico to play with. I had a good pic of Lee and his brother Sam after a 10k run they did in 2009 that I had been waiting to scrap.


I used the cream Bazzill as the base for the layout. Then I cut a 9" x 9.5" piece of the Studio Calico paper to go on the right side of the layout. Before sticking it down punch a fancy border in a 1" x 9.5" strip of red Bazzill and tuck this under the top edge of the Studio Calico paper and stick both down.


Cut a 3.25" x 12" piece of the red Bazzill and layer this with a 3" x 12" piece of the My Mind's Eye paper and stick down.


Next cut a 3.5" x 9.5" piece of the Echo Park paper and stick down.

Mount a photo onto red Bazzill. Mine was a 7" x 5" photo that I cropped to 6.25" x 4.5" but you could easily use a 6" x 4" or 7" x 5" photo if you wanted.


Add some journaling on strips of the Studio Calico paper and stick below the photo.


I added a title using alphas from my own stash. Finish off with a few of the butterflies that came with the Kit.


You can get this fab Kit for a limited time here.... pop on over to Niki's blog to see the layouts she came up with up!

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment