Wednesday 8 August 2012

August Week 2 layout for Being Scrappy

Hi Everyone!

So for this week's Kit I had the vintagey 'French Kiss' papers from Glitz Design to play with and I decided to use some photos from our recent trip to Australia. When we were staying with my mum and dad we took a day trip out to Hill End, which is an old gold mining town and the papers were just perfect with the photos of the old buildings.


I used the brown Bazzill for the base of my layout, gutting the centre leaving a 1 3/4" frame. I then cut the centre from the 'Fleur' paper leaving just the frame, and mounted the centre piece onto the brown Bazzill.

Then I took a 12" length from the leftover 'Fleur' paper (the scroll/text side) and attached this towards the bottom of the layout. Next I cut a 3.5" x 11" strip of the 'Hats' paper (using the side that looks like sacking) and stuck this to the left side of the layout. I had some ribbon left over from a recent kit so attached this to the bottom of the layout and also used a small piece between two of the photos on the top half of the layout.

Then I mounted my photos onto the brown and cream Bazzill and attached these to the base. My photos measured: 5.25" x 3.75", 5.5" x 3.5", 3.25" x 4", 3.5" x 3.5" and 3.5" x 3". You can of course use less photos or vary the sizes to suit what you want to include.

To add journalling I cut some thin strips of the 'Fleur' paper and attached this to the bottom left of the layout.

Next add your title, I used some black alphas from my stash and the Glitz Design Burlap Teeny Alphas that came in the Kit. To finish I dotted around some of the mini pearls that were also in the Kit.


Why don't you pop over to Being Scrappy to see what Niki has done with this Kit!

Thanks for looking!
Kirei x

No comments:

Post a Comment