Wednesday 6 June 2012

June Week 1 Layout for Pages of Memories...

Hi Everyone!

In this week's Pages of Memories Scrapbooking Kit we had the lovely 'Tigerlilly' papers and Alpha Stickers from Kaisercraft to work with. I am not really a pink person but it was combined with orange which I love, so decided to try and focus more on the orange elements. I had a nice pic of Lee and myself with his brother Sam and fiance Cheryl at their engagement party that worked well with the papers.

Word of advice to start with.... cut off the manufacturers strips on each of the papers, we will use some of them later! For my base I used the words side of  the 'Coral' paper cut to 11.5" x 11.5", this was mounted onto the black Bazzill (I gutted the centre first). Then I cut a piece of the striped 'Blush' paper 5 3/4" x 5 1/2" and rounded the top corners. I also cut a piece of the spot 'Blossom' paper 5 3/4" x 5" and mounted both pieces to the right side of my paper. My photo was 7" x 5" but I did cut it down to 6 1/4" x 4 1/2" and mounted onto a piece of the 'Blush' paper (orange side).

I cut out a selection of the flowers from the 'Blossom' papers (9 in total) and then attached some of these to the top left corner of my photo (4 x flowers) with some of them raised on foam pads.

Another 4 of the flowers were attached to the bottom right of the layout, again I raised some on foam pads. I then attached a couple of the manufacturers strips (9" and 10" strips) along with a border punched strip of the black Bazzill (8.5" strip) to the bottom of the photo. I added some journalling using some of the Glitz Teeny Alphas that I had leftover from a class that I did.

I added a title with the Kaisercraft Alpha Stickers that came with the Kit, however as they were bright pink (and you will remember that I said I am not a massive fan of pink!) I decided to alter them slightly... using some black Staz On ink and a sponge dauber. They turned out just right...a dark shade of plum that worked perfectly with the layout! And a few more of those Teeny Alphas...

To finish off I added just a little bit of detail to the top left of the layout as it felt a little bare... using the last flower that I had, a small leftover piece from the manufacturers strip and a short piece of the border punched black Bazzill...

This Kit is available for a limited time here, do have a look at the great value monthly subscription offer that is also available! And do pop on over to the Being Scrappy blog here to see more fab projects made with this Kit!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: